Designed to improve the efficiency of oil recovery in solvent extraction.
The Anderson Solvex packs material to be extracted into a dense, yet very porous structure. This allows the solvent easier access to the oil, resulting in up to 50% increases in extractor capacity, 40% reduction in solvent hold-up in the solid product (marc), 20% reduction in solvent in the liquid product (miscella), and an overall reduction in solvent losses.
Expanders, like the Solvex, lower overall plant energy consumption and loading on the extractor, hence reducing their operational costs and increasing their capacity. The Solvex Expander can also reform dense pre-press cake into a porous collet for improved extractor efficiency on high oil content materials, providing similar benefits as with soybeans.
How an Expander Maximizes Oil Recovery in Solvent Extraction
Primary Benefits of Collets vs. Flakes:
- Up to 50% increase in extractor capacity
- Residual oil levels as low as 0.6%
- Reduction in fines
- Higher extractor percolation rates
- Lower solvent to meal ratios
- Higher miscella concentration
- Lower steam consumption
- Lower solvent loss
- Reduction in non-hydratable phospholipid content
- Can process more than 800,000 metric tons of oilseeds without maintenance downtime
- Can be quickly converted to our Hivex™ Expanders
- Can be fitted with either a multi-holed die-plate or a hydraulic cone choke
- Die plate or adjustable cone choke discharge
- V-belt or gearbox drive
- Base for mounting and aligning all components
- Pin barrel mounting allowing for thermal expansion while maintaining
- Instrumentation package for remote operation through existing control system
- Pre-piped steam supply skid for local or remote control
- Hardened wear liners, worm segments, and shearing bolts
- Oilseed Pre-Presscake
How the Solvex Expander Works
The Solvex uses steam as its primary heat source. Using steam-generated heat, the screw propelling the material through the expander requires less horsepower per ton, allowing operators to process more material in a given timeframe.
Shown here: Anderson Solvex™
|Model||Connected HP||Capacity (MTPD)||Steam (150 psi)|
|8" Solvex||125-200||200-400||500-1,000 lbs/hr (225-450 kg/hr)|
|10" Solvex||150-250||500-800||1,250-2,000 lbs/hr (560-900 kg/hr)|
|12" Solvex||300-500||1,200-1,800||3,000-4,500 lbs/hr (1,350-2,050 kg/hr)|
|14" Solvex||500-750||2,000-3,000||5,000-7,500 lbs/hr (2,250-3,400 kg/hr)|